Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Lovely Lady Bump.

We found out 1.29.11 that I was pregnant. Which happens to be my grandfather's birthday. Which is so awesome to me, especially because it makes me think he is still with us in everything we do. The day we found out he passed, my cousin Kari found out she was pregnant - a true definition of the circle of life. And then we found out we were expecting on his birthday. Gives me chills and big smile on my face (and a tear in my eye). I know he would be so happy for Marc and I.

That day was a very emotional day - good emotions, scared emotions, OMG emotions! Both of our families were very supportive and excited. I ended taking a test with my girlfriend Jennifer, while Marc and Tyler were at a golf tournament for the day. Let's just say that was a very long day because, I refused to text or call Marc to let him know. Instead Jenn and I made him a little onesie that said "Baby Brown"...If you want to know the rest, ask me in person and I'll tell you the whole story. ;) That one I will never forget.

At that point I was about 5 weeks along...and our baby would be due early October. I've been making a few notes in my phone about things that have happened since then...here they are:

  • I've always wanted to be like that mom in the movie "JACK" where she plays with him with all the makeshift Armour....that movie was on the day after we found out and I hadn't seen it in a while. 
  • Marc's dad joked that we were having twins (since there is a set of twins in his family) - and on my way to work on Monday there was a van that pulled in front of me and the sticker on the back said, "Got Twins?"  hahah - umm I hope not!!
  • On my first visit to the doctor - our wedding song was playing as I waited. 
  • 3.17.11 - we heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time!! It was nothing like we thought it would be...we heard it for about 2 seconds and then she tried once more and we heard it for another 1 second. Either way it was awesome knowing our little bun was in there. It was extra special as well because both our mom's joined us! 
So, here I am starting my 15 week - which means I've made it through the first trimester and I am a 1/3 of the way done!! I haven't experienced much morning sickness...but my energy level comes and goes. I am turning into a morning person, instead of a night owl. Did I really just say that??!!! Oh and I pee like it's going out of style. ;P Our little baby is as big as an apple, and has made mommy jump up two pant sizes in a little over 3 months...I will be living in dresses these next 6 months, more specifically maxi dresses. I am so thankful for friends who were just pregnant and their hand me down maternity clothes!! 

Here is what I looked like at 7 weeks...and then at 14 weeks. That lovely lady bump is a comin'...


2 comments:

Jenn Murdoch said...

Yeah!!!!!! I am so excited for you both.

Jess said...

=)

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik