Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Q & A's

Now that the wedding is over, we, scratch that, I, no longer get asked about wedding planning and I don't get to go into full explanation mode of the wedding details on what I'm doing, and what the colors are...basically all the fun questions a Bride loves to answer! To be honest, I miss it but at the same time it's quite refreshing to know that it's done and that day was the most incredible day ever!

However, since we are now married we get "married life" questions like, "When are you having kids?", "When are you buying a house."...I guess those are questions that get passed from generation to generation...it's just what we do or in this case ask. :) These are great questions, but sometimes I think asking questions like James Lipton does on Inside the Actors Studio, would be funner (Marc's word) to answer! It's like those sections in a gossip magazine, where they show pictures of celebs doing "normal" everyday things like us...they too get the same repetitive questions interview after interview, and on Inside the Actors Studio they get asked questions like, "What is your least favorite word?" or "What sound or noise do you love?" - wouldn't those be more entertaining to answer!? Sorry, I am rambling...but these questions sparked a blog post idea...and I thought I should do a post answering the questions we get asked so often now that we are a married couple and the next person who asks those questions, I will smile and say, "You should read our blog!" ;) Onward with the Q's & A's!!

Now that your married, when do you think you're having kids??
We are definitely looking forward to having kids, just not anytime soon. Although we have been together for 4 years and the majority of our friends have kids, we still have a couple things to check off our goal list, like buying a house and Marc getting into Law School and just being married...but to be completely honest if it happens tomorrow, it happens tomorrow...we're not putting a time limit on it as you can't always be completely prepared for what life hands you. It's God's will and whatever path he has for us we are open for it...

When are you buying a house?
I am sure most know that Marc and I sold my place after we got engaged. Marc's Mom and Step Dad, suggested that we sell our place and move in with them to pay off our debt and save money to buy a house. We actually sold our place waaaay sooner than we thought - made profit, moved into my best friends house with her husband and two kids and a couple months later moved in with the 'rents. Our current set up is truly a blessing, and we are very thankful his parents are helping us out! Since we moved in, we have paid down our debt tremendously and are almost done...with the wedding in the works it slowed our savings process a lot. We are now getting back into gear and saving for our house! When the actual move out date will be is another question...but like mentioned above it will happen when the time is right. Marc is finishing his B.S. in Public Administration at the University of La Verne and we are content with what we are doing.

How is it living with your In-Laws (insert funny face)?
It's actually not bad at all. Do we have our moments? Yes, of course, but all in all it's been fun! I absolutely love my In-Laws...I've learned a lot from them and I treasure the time we get to spend together, because once we actually do have kids and better careers we may not always get to hang out. It's also works because we all work and we all have different days off, so when you want your alone time on your day off, you get it. Overall it's not too shabby and again I appreciate the opportunity they are giving Marc and I. :)

What is Marc going to school for??
Marc is currently in the golf business and unfortunately, it's not a career in which you can have a nice retirement with...yeah, sure if you are the Director of Golf or Tiger Woods. Anyways, Marc decided two years ago to go back to school to finish his B.S. in Public Administration. He has received straight A's every semester he's been back and plans to apply for Law School next summer (and yes we know how long it will take...is it worth it? ABSOLUTELY!). I don't mean to brag about my husband, but I will...school is what Marc is extremely good at and I believe he will suceed at it and it will take him places, he already is amazing, but he has so much potential and I support him in this journey 110%, no matter how long it will take (hopefully not too long).

Last, but not least...
What sound or noise do you love?
Amber: The first thing that popped into my mind was the sound of a piano...it's soothing and simply beautiful, when played right of course!
Marc: The waves crashing against the rocks at night...he said he used to listen to them when he lived in Hawaii and couldn't sleep.

1 comment:

Steph said...

I've gotta tell you that after almost 5 years of marriage, the most annoying question I STILL get is
When are you guys going to multiply?

GRRRRR

haha, I'm glad I got to talk to you luv!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik