Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Amber Brown is Not a Crayon

I thought I would give some insight of why our Blog is called "Life Colored in Brown" and the reason for our url being twobrowncrayons.blogspot.com. Well the obvious reason is our last name is Brown and I was playing off the fact that it's a color...but my main inspirations were a book we received as a wedding gift from my Cousins and something I found while Googling. I have to do a disclaimer, because if my Cousin Paula reads this post there is bound to be a comment saying the book was her idea first (so thanks Cousin!) But she wasn't the Cousin who gave us the gift, it was my Cousins - Chris, Karen, Emma and Owen (Thanks guys!). The book is called "Amber Brown is not a Crayon", I thought it was great, being that my new name is Amber Brown. So, when brainstorming for a blog name, I kept coming back to this book...and then I googled (my best friend) what the meaning of the color Brown was, and found this: "Brown says stability, reliability, and approachability. It is the color of our earth and it associated with all things natural or organic." It also mentioned, "The color brown affects us physically and mentally by feeling of wholesomeness, stability, connection with the earth and offers a sense of orderliness." I thought this was a very positive meaning and came up with "Life colored in Brown" and if you read in between the fine lines, it "means/stands for" Life as The Brown's - that was just too generic and I wanted something more! Since, I decided on "Life Colored in Brown", coloring and crayons go hand in hand, and thus "twobrowncrayons" came about. There you have it folks, the story of how our blog name came about, but make note that, "Amber Brown is NOT a Crayon." ;)

Did you know??
Amber Brown is actually a series of kids books written by Paula Danziger...which I definitely plan on collecting and saving for my little kiddos one day.

3 comments:

BDG Design Group said...

I love that there is a series named after you! definitely a keepsake for the little kiddos :)

Jess said...

I know, that is so cool!

Unknown said...

Way cool, love that you want to collect them for your little ones! Great idea =)

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik