Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

All Ironed Out.

I've been away for a while, but only because the season is kicking in out here in Palm Springs...and that means I am super busy at work...which is actually nice! So, the last thing I want to do after a long day of work is do more time on the computer! ;) But, tonight I had an itch to share my steal of a deal. About a month ago, while cleaning like a mad woman and dusting our room, I realized that we desperately needed a new ironing board cover. Our ironing board is constantly out for display. When Marc is working he irons his clothes everyday and, I iron almost every weekend after laundry duty, so it's just not worth it to keep putting it back every day. Since, our ironing board has become a delightful piece of furniture in our room...I thought it needed to be pretty like everything else! I had been searching Etsy for a really cute, chic, ironing board cover...found some GREAT ones, but it just seemed a little ridiculous to pay  $25.00 plus shipping for a pretty cover. Awww but my good friend, Jenn reminded me that TJ Maxx had covers!! Don't you just love that store!!?? I went in there with a mission to find me a cover and found THEE perfect, pretty ironing board cover for only $10.00! Was I successful or what!? Now when I look at the ironing board, I no longer have to worry about it sticking out like an ugly piece of furniture, but a piece that flows with the colors of the room and brings a sweet feminine touch to the room! I know this blog is about our life...but honestly cleaning, organizing and, designing are a few of my favorite things to do in life. It makes me happy when I find something nice for the home, especially at a good price! Oh! and you know the saying "Happy Wife, Happy Life." (Marc's favorite quote) ;)

4 comments:

Jess said...

haha, cute =)

Allison Elaine said...

I hate ironing! But maybe a cute cover could change that ;)

BDG Design Group said...

I have been waiting to get a cover rom TJ Maxx! They have the BEST Ones...but I need an ironing board FIRST! LOL Love you cousin.

Steph said...

you guys iron? I don't think i've done that since I was in high school... and that was because I was forced to!!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik