Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

April 29th

We anticipated this day since our last visit to the doctor. One, because it was Marc's 35th Birthday and we were having all of our friends over to celebrate, Two it was the start of a very fun filled weekend at Stagecoach (a country music festival, that just down the street and all weekend long). Three, we had our very first ultrasound and we'd hope to find out the sex of our little baby! We made a promise to keep our ultrasound a secret from our friends. We really wanted to surprise them at the party.

I got off at 12noon and our appointment was at 1:00pm...I had to go in the room by myself at first, which seemed like a life time of her moving the doppler back and forth on my belly...but I talked her ear off, so it made up for the anticipation she was putting me through. As she was moving the doppler back and forth, she finally let me take a look at what was going on. My sweet little baby was just moving all over the place!! It was an incredible sight...it's mouth was totally opening and closing, like it was talking or it may have been hungry?!? I couldn't wait for Marc to join and see how amazing it was. Finally, she called in Marc and our mothers to join in on the action. Right before she left, she said she was having difficulty seeing what it was...and by the time she got back the baby was butt up and we got a perfect view - of what I wasn't sure, so I yelled out, "Are those balls or a vagina!!??" hahahaha and then she announced that is was GIRL!!!! Tears came a rollin', Marc got a huge smile on his face, and our mom's rejoiced! It was a fun moment for sure...we got a ton of pictures, here are a few...for some reason when I upload they turn sideways...gah!
I think the second best part of this day was letting our friends know...we actually surprised them (and I am really bad a keeping a surprise secret)...so we told everyone that we were going to play a little Family Feud on the PS3, and we were going to draw numbers to find out who was on each team....the rule to picking a number was they couldn't peek at the number until everyone got a number. Little did they know all their little pieces of paper said, "IT'S A GIRL!!"...they were completely surprised and excited! Our friend Jennifer opened it and said, "It's a girl??' as in, what the hell kinda number is that??!! Then I said with a big smile, "Yes, it's a girl' pointing to my stomach and then all I remember is jumping up and down while hugging Jessica...it was so much fun and I was so excited our little secret was out, I really don't know how much longer I could have kept it in!! So, there you have it folks, we're having a little baby girl. I CAN'T wait to start decorating her nursery and buying cute little girl things...she will for sure, be the most stylish little girl, thanks to her Daddy!! ;) 

Today, I'm 19 weeks, but in my ultrasound I measured 17 weeks, 1 day...and our due date as of today is October 6th. I have a feeling our baby will always measure a little smaller...let's face it, we aren't the tallest people! ;) I'll post a "lovely lady bump" picture soon! 

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik