Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Simple Changes.

When you're living in someone else's house, you are pretty limited to what you can change. The In-Laws were pretty open to Marc and I changing around the furniture and making our bedroom our own. But, I'm the type if it it's not broken, no need to fix it. Needless to say, we haven't done much to make our room much different than the day we moved in. I mean the most we've done is bring in a desk for Marc to do his school work and a little side table to catch all his school books. Oh! And the lovely walk-in closet that is really only 50% mine....let's face it, Marc has a lot of clothes, and I'm obviously really good at sharing. ;) Then, there is one other thing I ended up changing - the bed linens. First, let me explain. Moving into a room that was fully furnished was thee best, but moving into a room with one giant KING bed (with a tempur-pedic mattress I might add!) was beyond great! I began playing with the different linens my MIL had around, and soon found myself getting "bored" with all my different combos. You see, my favorite thing to do with our queen bed (when we had our place) was to change the duvet cover and get new sheets...it made the room seem brand new! (insert Marc's eyes rolling here) Since, I was a little exhausted of what we had in stock, I found a great deal on a gray king quilt...I soon found myself refreshed with the linens and the bed came back to life! Then, a couple weeks ago, my mom and I went to visit my Sis and naturally we did some retail therapy. It was actually more for my sister, as we took a trip to IKEA to help her find somethings for her new place. Can I just say I love that place, although it made me miss having my own home...but that didn't stop me from purchasing! I ended up finding these awesome king green sheets for like $15.00!! Oh that's not all...I also scored on 2 artsy throw pillows for only $2.99ea, are you outta mind!! I've refrained myself from buying king sized sheets, because when we move we won't be able to use them. BUT, how could I pass up $15 sheets!!?? I am so pleased with my find, I had to blog about it. It's those simple changes that make a room feel alive again. I mean come on, aren't the colors great!?

What are some simple changes you like to do around your house?
Amber
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik